IT BY SARAH G. SCHMIDT was born out of my personal mission: help others refine their sincere, personal style. Why? So that they can live their life with improved confidence. I can help people achieve this through my individual yet precise and open method to ensure joyful satisfaction.
But before I could fulfill my ambition I needed to learn from the school of hard knocks and formal education in equal measure. Some of the key IT moments include:
- Imagined it: Played countless hours of dress up and Barbie as a child.
- Watched it: Marveled as my seamstress mother sewed gowns, performed alterations and created doll clothes a plenty.
- Navigated it: Survived the formidable, yet awkward, teen years exploring my personal style.
- Expanded it: Concocted a plan to leave rural Saskatchewan to pursue a further education.
- Studied it: Earned a Bachelor of Commerce at the Haskayne School of Business.
- Balanced it: Worked a plethora of service focused jobs while studying.
- Hobby’d it: Assisted my personal network with styling and shopping.
- Exacted it: Coordinated, managed, supervised and directed client accounts in marketing and communication firms focused in integrated brand communications and creative services.
- Legitimized it: Earned a Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional designation.
- Absorbed it: Granted deep access to a variety of industries and businesses and I became fascinated by their nuances.
- Refined it: Polished personal styling skills through a Fashion Styling certification.
- Launched IT: Started my styling, shopping and wardrobe consulting business.
Now I’m enjoying every bit of IT.
Sarah G. Schmidt is the Owner, Founder and Stylist of IT BY SARAH G SCHMIDT INC. She lives in Calgary, Alberta. When not styling, shopping or blogging, Sarah can be found indulging in and challenging pop culture or out and about in her bustling home neighbourhood of Hillhurst (Kensington).
Ready for IT? Contact Sarah G. Schmidt.